I would like to create a new Automation rule that transitions from resolved to closed after 3 days. I have created the automation that transitions to close but it does it automatically.
I suggest that you create an SLA that equates to time in resolved status then...
trigger - sla breached
condition - status = resolved
action - Transition to closed
The other approach is to leverage the resolution date. This of course assumes that you are setting the resolution field when an issue moves to resolved status.
trigger - scheduled to run daily
condition - resolution date >= now()
@Justin Miller, I would set up an SLA that begins when the issue transitions to the status "Resolved". Set the goal for 3 days. Then set up an automation rule that fires when the SLA is breached. Tell the automation rule to move the issue to Closed!
yep!
@Justin Miller
Use the following screenshot for assistance. This rule runs at midnight everyday and checks the status of the issue and if it hasn't been updated in the last 5 days, it transitions all the tickets that meet the condition to Done.
Update the JQL as needed.
Examples of how the updated jql is used:
updated <
"2010/12/12"
updated < "2010/12/13"
updated < "2010/12/31 14:00"
"-2w"
updated > "2011/01/15" and updated < "2011/01/16"
updated > "20011/01/01" and updated < "2011/02/01"
If we get enough likes, we will post a video tutorial.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.