Some of my BA's reported to me today that this capability is missing from the "More" menu on a JIRA issue. It does appear to be gone, but I don't see any updates to this documentation page. I've suggested to them that they capture a screenshot through other means and hit CTRL-v in the Description field to paste it (which also yields an attached image). We're on Windows using Chrome or IE11.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Attaching+a+Screenshot
I can attach files; it is the attach screenshot option that is missing.
Hi Paul,This is actually a new feature that was just released for JIRA Cloud. Here's the steps to attach an screenshot to an issue:1. Attaching a Screenshot via File picker:1.1 More1.2 Attach File1.3 Select save image2. Attaching Screenshot from clipboard:2.1 Take Screenshot in clipboard:2.1.1 MAC: *Control + Command + Shift* (*3* or *4*) to take screenshot2.1.2 Windows: *Print Screen* or *ALT + Print Screen* to take screenshot2.2 Use paste directly on issue view screen (you just need to open the issue):2.2.1 MAC: Command + V2.2.2 Windows: CTRL + VThis is intended to reduce the number of steps necessary to attach screenshots to a page. Here's a documentation on [Attaching Screenshot|https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRACLOUD/Attaching+a+Screenshot].
Excellent. I also see that anywhere the field, Attachment, is present, that is also a valid drop target for the clipboard. Really nice. Sorry I missed this.
Wow, I love it! There needs to be some feature discover tool tips here though, how are we to know we can paste stuff?
This only seems to work if you have the ticket open. I was unable to paste a screenshot from the Create Ticket, Edit Ticket, or anywhere from the scrum board.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.