I've developed a complex field(custom field), it can be used in issues of a company-managed template project, but unavailable in a team-managed template project. Can someone tell me How or Why?
Hello @JiaxinWang
Welcome to the Atlassian community!!The Team-managed project fields are independent of the global custom fields. Due to this, you will need to create the custom fields again in the team managed project. The steps for the same are documented here.
Please accept the answer if this helps solve your query else respond and allow others to share input.
For the "why" - team-managed projects do not use the global custom fields. Their local fields are implemented totally differently and are not the same thing as the global custom fields.
I'm developing a custom field. I use 'forge install' command to install the app to my jira-cloud software. After I configure the field to all the screens, it can be seen in the company-managed template project, but unavailable in a team-managed template project.
I want to ask what should i do so that i can see the custom field in the team-managed template project? I cannot find the the custom field that i developed so i cannot configure it. Do i need to do something under the Project settings ->Apps->App fields?
Thanks a lot!
It's the same answer - you don't, because team-managed projects don't use custom fields from apps.
Ok, i see. Thanks Nic.
Hi Nic,
From the Custom fields module , it does contain a note that "This module can only be used in Jira company-managed projects." I believe Jira RnD team has already discussed internally whether to support team-managed projects. Since this module is still in beta, will the final release support Custom fields? Coz I think team-managed projects would be used wider among enterprises. Looking forward to your answer.
Thanks,
Mike
I understand customField are for the company managed projects only. But I do not understand why the customFieldType cannot be used in the team managed project. Or, is the documentation wrong?
The document is correct!
I got this working by creating another issue type and then creating the custom fields from the new issue type. Then when I went back to Forms for the 'task' issue type, I saw the new custom fields that I created from my other issue type. Hope that helps.
I use JIRA Cloud.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.