What is the correct JQL to use in order to turn my issue card "red" when someone checks "flag and impediment" or links an issue as a "blocked" issue?
Under the "Card Colors" tab of the Rapid Board configuration, be sure you select Colors based on "queries" . The conditions are run in sequence. So you can put the "Flagged=Impediment" at the top, but you may want to add a default such as "issuekey=issuekey" which will always evaluate to true and assign a different color. Make sure you put the default as the last one (you can drag and drop to arrange).
Maybe there is a better way to set a default.
I think you would add this: "Flagged=Impediment"
Unfortunately, I did this and it did not do anything The issue still is not red.
No such luck. The flagged = impediment was at the top and I created issuekey= issuekey is at the bottom. Any other usggestion
Hi Veronica,
Are you using greenhopper classic? Because I can't even find the flag and impediment functionality in the new greenhopper.
Is this a custom field in your Jira?
Best regards
Peter
Hi Peter: It is a custom field I added to the default screen. No, I am using the rapid board.
It would be really awesome if they develop the functionality within Jira without all these work-arounds. :-(
Veronica,
You should be able to just go to the Card Colors tab like Chris describes and use the following JQL :
"Your custom field" = "Impediment Value" to turn the cards that have that custom field with the specified impediment value turn red.
Have you seen this field in the setup? It is called "flagged"
For part one (Flagged as impediment) of your question the JQL is:
Flagged is not empty
For the JQL for linked to a blocked issue you will need something like the JQL tricks plugin and then use the linkedIssuesInFilter (filterId,[linkType]) (Create a filter with all the blocked issues and take it's filterId as the first parameter of the function.
Hi Cyril- I tried flagged is not empty and the issue is still has not changed card colour to red. Is there something I am missing?
I had a go at this and here's what I did to get this working for me.
1. In JIRA, Create a new custom field, lets call it 'Blocker', of type 'Multi Select' or 'Multi Checkbox'
2. Add a option to the custom field with the value 'Yes'
3. You'll need to specify which issue types and Projects you want to use
4. Navigate to GreenHopper > Project Templates > Flagging Field
5. Select the newly created 'Blocker' for 'Field Name' and 'Yes' for 'Field Value'
6. Go to GreenHopper and select your Kanban board > Click on the Cog icon > Configure Board > Card Colors
7. Select 'Queries' for the Colors Based on field
8. Create a new JQL query
'Blocker' = Yes
and select the color you'd like to use
(i) At this point however, you will no longer get the card colors for issue type. If you wish, you can add these in as new JQL queries, for example,
issuetype = bug
I hope this information helps!
For reference:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Configuring+your+General+Project+Settings#ConfiguringyourGeneralProjectSettings-FlaggingField
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Configuring+Card+Colours#ConfiguringCardColours-AddingaQuery-basedcardcolour
Does not work for me using Flagged is not EMPTY.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.