I have use case where user enters a number field in Customfield A, and need to generate URL in second field e.g.: www.example.com/cusomfield.A
the issue is, if value in A is larger. e.g: 99898099
then URL becomes: www.example.com/9.9898099E7
so my requirement is
it would be great if any one can help me with this.
Thanks
Hi @Kautilya Fadia IN ,
You may change the number format in the smart value like this:
{{issue.Customfield A.format("###")}}
More info in the docs.
Hope it helps.
Regards
If you could attach some screenshots of how you're generating the URL in the automation rule that would really help.
Cheers,
Simeon.
I've customfield_11305 as Number field, which by default takes floating numbers.
part with http://example.com is static, I just need to place customfield_11305 after URL like: if customfield_11305 = 11223322 URL should be: http://example.com/11223322
hi @Ignacio Pulgar
I tried .format in automation but for some reason its not working. everytime I use .format it seems to ignore value in number field
Attached snapshot of how I've configured it.
When and how exactly does that format fail?
If format doesn't have a consistent behaviour, then I'd consider using a custom field of type Text (single line) instead of Number type.
Hi @Ignacio Pulgar
instead of getting example.com/99898099
it puts example.com/
completely ignores customfield. although automation rule passes so no failure log.
@Kautilya Fadia IN , try changing the ### to a single #
That seemed to work for me
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.