Some background, for example, each department in the company has their own Service Desk project - ecom, sales, applications, hardware etc. Each of these Service Desk projects has their own form that customers fill out in JIRA Central for our company. To make it simpler, we wanted to merge some of the JIRA forms so customers can fill in one form and be given the appropriate department ticket.
I am new to Service Desk, I found out that each form is for one project, so I attempted to create a Service Desk project that acts as an automated triage or "concierge" to move the ticket to the appropriate Service Desk project for that team. This would move based on certain criteria that was filled in the form.
I'm running into some workflow issues and wondering if anyone else has attempted the same thing and how they were able to get around it:
1. Automated forms cannot move a ticket, only create new, or clone to another project
2. Once a ticket is cloned or created new - the main line of communication is lost and now communicating only through the "second level" project
Has anyone attempted this before? We don't want the teams to merge into a new single Service Desk project as there's many queues, ticket properties and existing automations that will need to move. But we're trying to create a single ticket experience for the user.
Any tips, comments would be appreciated, thank you!