Hi,
I've created a new project from an existing one and would like to use the workflow from the original project. When I assign the origin workflow to the new project is still shows the default workflow of Not Started In Progress and Done. What am I doing wrong?
I can't say for sure what happened during the creation. However looking beyond that and just trying to get the right workflow at this point. First I assume this is a CMP project correct? Based on that assumption go into your project settings in workflows and let's see if you can associate an existing workflow to the desired issue types.
Hi Edmond,
Maybe it is because you don't have the same issue types in your new project ?
In Jira, you actually affect a Workflow Scheme to a projects, which links one or several Workflows to defined issue types. As a result, if you don't have the same issue types in both WF it Could explain the issue.
Let me know if it helps,
Guilhem
Good day Jack,
Thank you for your response and help. From my project I cannot add another workflow as one (the correct one) is already added.
The workflow above is the workflow I am trying to use but when I go to my active sprint view this is the one that is displayed
Good day Guilhem,
Thank you for your response and help. I have checked, unless I am missing something, but the Issue Types and Screens and Screne Schemes are correct i.e. it is the same as the origin project from where I created the new project and it contains all the elements that it should.
Ah…So please understand that your board columns are not directly associated to your workflow. Columns in your board can be different but you map your workflow statuses to the columns. This is done under board settings > columns. Click on the ellipses in the upper right of your board.
finally, if you are using a business project then you want be able to edit the default board. Please advise if this is the case.
Thank you Jack. So you are saying I need to add the additional columns manually under board settings? Yes sorry forgot to say we are using CMP so I will go and do that. The reason I am asking these questions is to avoid too much manual work in setting up 8 new projects. I need to create 8 new projects from our original project with all of the workflow, automation and settings in tact.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.