Hello,
Problem:
The complexity/size of a ticket is initially estimated and added to the ticket as Story Points.
During the delivery of the tickets, the team might discover the complexity of the ticket was under or over estimated and wish to track the difference between estimated and updated.
Initial solution:
I came across the "Story point estimate" field (custom field generated by Jira for team projects) and got tempted to use it to log the original story point estimate and let the team use the normal Story Point field to update the value if needed.
Question:
However I get the feeling that this "Story point estimate" field is just a mistake and won't survive for too long: [JSWCLOUD-17173] In classic and next-gen projects, I want to use only one custom field for story point estimates
Should I just stay away of that "Story point estimate" field?
What do you think?
Cheers,
JG