I created a new custom field and wanted to set up the render on the Wiki Style Render, but in the custom fields settings I don't see the render setting box, and there is no Wiki Renderer Macros Plugin. I have jira version 8.5.3
If you want to change the field renderer you need to navigate over the field configurations. Then you can change the renderer from a custom text field to a wiki type field.
As you can see in the picture below.
Source:
How to create WIKI Render (Full text editor) Custom Field - YouTube
Solved: Can I create a custom field like the Description f... (atlassian.com)
I hope, this was the solution you are searching for.
Kind regards.
Hi @Екатерина Фомичева
You can change Renderer on Field Configuration. Open Project Settings -> Fields -> Edit icon (you will edit the configuration for all projects using this Field configuration). Find your field and click Renderers option in Action column.
There you will be able to select Wiki Style Renderer.
Best regards,
Piotr
This is only working for me for the default fields. I am unable to find this option for any custom fields.
This is not under custim fields. You need to look in your field configurations. See my answer above.
Kind regards
@Piotr Zadrożny _Eyzee_ , @Fabian . Does this change in renderer affect the existing tickets ?
I have a multi-line custom field that I just configured to use the [Wiki Style Renderer] renderer. When I create a new issue which uses this field I see the Wiki Style Renderer when I go to edit for that field (as expected). However, when I view an existing issue with that field included I do NOT see the Wiki Style Renderer being used for that field.
Is there some step involved or procedure I can do to force existing issues to update their renderer they use for this custom field?
UPDATE: I figured out what was happening.
My custom field was specified in two different Field Configurations for my project. I updated the renderer in the Default Field Configuration, but not the extra "project-specific" field configuration. Specifying the Wiki Style Renderer in both Field Configurations corrected the issue.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.