In setting up my Jira instance I have created a specific approval workflow for certain issue types. The "Problem" issue type will require an approver to move through the workflow after the initial creation of the ticket or after transitioning the issue from another issue type. (EX. Transitioning a service request to a problem.)
I have found a loophole to avoid approval which I need to fix. When transitioning the issue type into the Problem designation there is a set of dropdown menus that need to be completed in order to migrate the ticket. The first problem appears in the first set of menus, it will not allow me to transition the issue within the same project, it forces you to switch the project:

The second issue comes about on the next page when given the "Current Status" dropdown menu. You can move the new status into any one of the workflows status' which completely defeats the purpose of having an approval step.

So how to I set it up so that there is only one option for transitioning the status and an option to transition it within the same project?