Hey everyone! Let me first give you some context regarding my use case. I'm hoping someone here might have a creative solution to my situation.
Our QA Manager has their own project in Jira, 'QA'. (As an aside, I did not have a hand in creating this project or the filter it uses; all of this was configured by our QA Manager).
They want to have a view that shows all of the Issues (across all projects) that enter a QA status as well as all of the work that is happening in the QA project. To do this, they created a filter that returns any Issue (across all projects) that has a status = 'QA' as well as any Issue that belongs to the QA project and applied that to their own Sprint board.
Based on the filter that they've created, issues from other projects appear in the QA Backlog and as a result, they are unable to start their own Sprint in the QA project (since Sprints for other projects are already in progress). They asked me about Parallel Sprints feature and as someone coming from a very old version of Jira Server, this is new territory for me.
I've been reading about Parallel Sprints and I really like the concept, but from what I read (https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/use-parallel-sprints/), the Velocity Chart will no longer work for teams that have sprints running in parallel. I really do not want to lose access to Velocity Charts for all of my teams - those are really important to us. Since they are looking at Issues across all projects, this would impact every team that has an Issue enter a QA status.
I thought that maybe a Dashboard would achieve what our QA Manager is looking to do. Do any of you have any other thoughts on a better approach? If a Dashboard is the right play, let me know that too.
Many thanks!!