Hi guys,
I was hoping I could get some assistance with this, it's been driving me nuts.
So, I've created a new Email on O365 which we are going to use to receive any Suspicious emails sent by any of our users.
We've then set up Incoming Mail and Mail Handler so that whenever an email is received by the Suspicious email account, it automatically creates a ticket in our Service Desk project as an incident.
I've managed to get it to work as long as a Default Reporter has been set. But we have since decided that we would prefer our Reporter's to accurately represent the person that actually sent in the email.
Since removing the Default Reporter, we get the following error:
Found 1 unprocessed message(s) in the imaps folder.
Cannot create issue due to invalid license: [Sorry, you can't create any issues right now, as you need to have access to a Jira application to be able to create issues. To gain application access you need to be a member of a group assigned to an application.]
My understanding is that, either you need to turn on "Create Users" so that anyone without a Jira account has one created and validates the ticket being made. - We do not want to do that as we have a set limit of licences.
Or
We must make sure that those sending emails into that email account have a Jira account.
So we've done a bit of testing. I've sent an email myself and I find the above error message. I am an Admin user on Jira and have the ability to create, delete, comment, etc tickets on that project.
My colleague has the same permissions as me and they also get the error.
Then we found that the Project Owner's email was processed and a ticket was created.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!