I want to change a label name for QA_Bug to QA_Failure. I don't want both labels to exist as dropdown selections.
Hello @Steve Hooczko
You cannot edit a Label.
You will have to create a new Label named "QA_Failure" and apply it to all the issues that currently have the label "QA_Bug". Then you can remove the "QA_Bug" Label from those same issues.
Both of those tasks can be done using the Issue Search and Bulk Change features.
Hi @Steve Hooczko ,
Thanks for posting.
I think you can delete the label by removing the label from all the issues in that instance. Once it is removed from all issues, it will no longer be seen when browsing a labels. Please check this KB - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-delete-labels-in-jira-applications-297667646.html.
Once the label is removed completely then it would not be available any more in drop down. Followed by, you can add your preferred label.
Please accept the answer if it solves your query else respond and allow others to share input.
Cheers
Suvradip
Can I completely delete the old label or will it still show up in the label dropdown listing?
Hi @Steve Hooczko I have responded below.
Is it possible to delete a label
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.