Hello,
I have an issue where I have a custom field that has a default value. When creating the issue type via the UI, it auto populates with the default value and all is well.
However, when I attempt to create an issue via the Rest API, I get an error saying that I have to populate the field.
{
status: 400,
elementErrors: {
errorMessages: [
'Sample format of a DB access: Sample format of a DB access is required.'
],
errors: {}
},
failedElementNumber: 0
}I would simply just populate the field, however the issue type that I'm using to create the issue does not have this field accessible on its create screen.
{
status: 400,
elementErrors: {
errorMessages: [],
errors: {
customfield_11098: "Field 'customfield_11098' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."
}
},
failedElementNumber: 0
}Is there anyway for me to get the API to populate the value the same way the UI does?
Ideally, I'd like to not alter the creation screen as we don't want users to edit this on this specific issue type.