How do I create a Dashboard Gadget to view all my epics and their progress? Adding example of desired outcome.
@Adam Kogan Create a Dashboard and then add the Gadget you want. In your case you can use "Issues in progress" Gadget, add the JQL filter which you would want to use, then select the columns you want to display in your Dashboard.
Hope this helps!
Thanks
Hey, thanks for the reply but I can't seem to find anywhere to apply a JQL filter in the Gadget.What am I missing?
Hi @Adam Kogan ,
You can create a filter, e.g. 'issuetype in (epic)':
and then add a 'filter results' gadget in a dashboard and select the filter that you created:
And these are the results!
hi @Adam Kogan , Below is the default screen for adding filters in dashboard.
1. Seem to be you are trying to edit a Dashboard, for which u don't have permission
2. Or you don't have required permission to perform this task, contact your Jira Admin.
Thanks!
@Sadeesh Narendran @Carlos Garcia Navarro
Guys, really appreciate your help. I was able to create the following result using the filter Gadget but one this is still not working...
I'm not seeing the progress of the epic (I've added the field but It's not showing any value).I'm assuming the value should be a percentage of how many issues in the epic were done out of the total issues but I'm getting now value at all (the epics themselves have issues that were completed so it shouldn't be zero).
Hi @Adam Kogan
If you would be interested in a paid add-on, you can try out our app
Agile Tools : Epic Tree & Time in Status
The app provides you complete Epic Hierarchy with progress at each level. You can view/manage roll up for standard Jira hierarchy. Epic -> User Story -> Subtask
The app also provides Dashboard gadgets for this data.
Rahul
@Adam Kogan check for different Progress fields
it doesn't work for the field "Progress" ...
@Sadeesh Narendran You suggest him to use the "issue in progress" gadget, which only returns current user results, then in your screenshot you show him the "filter results" gadget, which is a totally different thing.. none of your suggestion would help him with what he's asking for. I'm also looking for an easy way to display progress at an epic level without having to pay for Jira Premium to use Advance roadmap
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.