Using advanced Roadmaps, I noticed that some of my epics are not showing up in the plans I create. After some experimentation I found that this applies to all Epics in a Released state in a specific project. Other projects and states dont seem to have the problem.
I can see the problem by creating a simple query to list all epics in that state in that project (lets say that gives 300 results). However when I create a plan using only that filter, even while still in the "issue source" screen, it shows me that the filter does not produce any results. If I change my filter to use one of my other projects, I dont see the problem.
I thought maybe it was something to do with resolution states not being set correctly in that project so I updated those to ensure they were consistant with other projects but that has not fixed the problem.
I've also gone through all the Atlassian steps for checking for missing results (eg issue age, issue exclusion, etc) and none apply in this case.
Has anyone encountered this problem before and if so any ideas on what magic I need to do to fix it?