I have a JIRA Cloud project that was created with "Simple Issue Tracking" and I'd like to switch that to the richer "Software Development" type. How do I accomplish this?
The "project type" is a template, not a persistent setting. When you create a project, you select a type and get a project with settings (i.e. "schemes") for that type, but it then has no effect past that.
To change a project from one type to another, just go to project admin and change all the schemes.
Update, for anyone else who lands here, this was an answer for JIRA 6 and below. In JIRA 7, it's under Project Administration -> Actions -> Change project type
Sorry I'm asking for a more literal step-by-step. The interface is not intuitive and I can't figure out what to change. For example, (1) get to your project admin page (2) click on "Project Template" (3) click on the "pencil" to edit (4) etc etc.
Can you please give me the step by step?
As I said, the project templates only exist for project creation. Once it is created, they have no function, they're just a set of "use these settings when creating the project" To change the "type", you need to work out what schemes you want to use and then change the project to use them. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Defining+a+Project
I understood how to change the schemes but how to change the project type's label in the Browse Projects screen?
Hello
I cannot change my projects' templates for scrum. They are predefined as agile. I don't know where to find "project administration". I'm on the latest version. Can someone show me the step by step please ?
Thank you
Go into the project and look for the admin/settings cog at the bottom left which leads to project admin.
Thank you ! And do you know if it's possible to customise the number of columns in the backlog ? I cannot add and change their names... is it because it's a scrum template ? (it works if its a agile template)
Thank you again
What do you mean by columns?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.