Hi Dear Community Members,
how do you handle aggregated boards? I find board location very confusing and limiting.
Many times I have several projects with their own boards and I want to create separate board that will aggregate all issues from those projects. I always have dillema where to set the location of new board:
- should I create a sepparate project for that board (and if there is no need for any issues in this project disallow everyone to create issues in it) or
- should I set the location on one of those projects?
Both of them are not perfect. First of all users want to get access to this aggregated board as easy as possible - so it should be accessible directly from every single project and not just one of them (so the later option is not ideal). I can create a shortcut to this aggtregated board (located in separate project or one of existing) on every project but that will move users away from the project they were using at the moment and in the long run make their work more difficult.
There are also another possibilities:
- creating separate aggregated boards in every one of those projects, but it seems as huge administrative overhead and also creates additional trouble to ensure sync between boards configs,
- setting location as private doesn't seem right either, especially when this board should be used by many users.
Am I missing something? How do you handle such configurations? What do you think is the best approach to such use cases?
Piotr