Hello everyone,
I have been searching for an automation rule which would help me to have the name of Epic and paret ticket shown in the titel for the sub-tasks. I found a previous answer in the discussion but they trigerred only one Sun-task.
I am responsible for projects which have the same steps to go through. Each project is an Epic for me and each Task is a big step. Inside some Tasks, I want to define clear smaller steps for my team to go through. The proble with Sub-tasks is that as my team receive the notification, they won't be able to see the Epic name unless they go one level back. So, what I need is to create a new task, and have 7 Sub-tasks created automatically and each one of their summaries include the name of the Epic and the parent PLUS their own specific name. I tried to use the smart values for the Summary, but it doesn't work. I attach a screenshot with the hope that it might help you understand my question.
The values I used for my sub tasks are:
{{issue.parent.epic.summary}} {{issue.parent.summary}} Task 1
{{issue.parent.epic.summary}} {{issue.parent.summary}} Task 2
{{issue.parent.epic.summary}} {{issue.parent.summary}} Task 3
I aprreciate your help with that. Thanks!