I am trying to get AWS Security Hub findings created as Jira tickets.
I found that the app "AWS Service Catalog for JSM Cloud"seems to do this: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221551/aws-service-catalog-for-jsm-cloud?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
I am following the writeup here:
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/servicecatalog/latest/adminguide/integrations-jiraservicedesk.html
and also the video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEKwu0M8S3M
So far I have successfully set up
However
Other information
Hey man, I actually have the same problem. I have been trying to figure it out for the last 2 weeks but no luck. Thank you for posting this, this gives me a confirmation that I am not the only one in this boat and not doing anything wrong in the process of joining the connector with AWS. Did you manage to find a solution to the problem of why the connector is not popping up on the left side of the browser on Atlassian? Thank you and Regards.
I'm in the same boat. Has anyone figured this one out?
I just went down this same path trying to get Security Hub findings to show up in Jira. Here is what I have gathered.
Here is the Prescriptive Guidance from AWS, which does not use an App from the Jira Marketplace: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/prescriptive-guidance/latest/patterns/bidirectionally-integrate-aws-security-hub-with-jira-software.html
Here is another article from AWS that says that you need to use the AWS Service Management Connector for JSM. This is not the same as the AWS Service Catalog Connector for JSM. When searching the Atlassian Marketplace the AWS Service Management Connector is not available for Jira Cloud.
In this video at approximately 5:51, he shows the AWS Service Management Connector was used. At 6:29 you can see the connector settings for security Hub, which I can not see when using the Service Catalog connector.My conclusion is that if you are using Jira Cloud you need to follow the prescriptive guidance from AWS.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.