Hi there, I am trying to persist changes to a react-beatiful-dnd list using a third party implementation of Jira's Lexorank, but despite having watched this explanatory video several times I still can't wrap my head around how it works. My main questions are:
Cheers
Essentially, the lexorank system is a black box and you should never have to care how it works in Jira. You send ranking commands to Jira via the UI or REST and don't have to look at the rank at all.
I am using it outside of Jira, trying to persist a react-beautiful-dnd implementation in my own code, that's why I'm struggling, since I believe I'll have to do the balancing and all these things myself Thanks for the reply.
Ok, well, the rank field in Jira is built for Jira, not for other systems. If you want to use a Lexorank system in your own code, you would be better off looking at a standard Lexorank implementation, not try to co-opt the modified one Jira uses.
Thanks for the tip, I'll see what I can find.The drag and drop implementation I'm using (react-beautiful-dnd) is also made by Atlassian and since I could not find any specific information on how to persist the changes made with it, I assumed that they were meant to work together in some way,
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.