I want to set filters in my project for completed epics in the current sprint, but there is an error occurs saying that filter Sprint is not available. why this might happen?
Hi @Vera Kim and welcome to the community!
This is a known issue that was reported here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-71320 and it states that "This seems to happen because Jira is mistaken the global issue type with the next-gen issue type."
As a work around they propose:
If this answer helped you, kindly mark my answer as accepted, in order to help others in the community.
Cheers,Alex
Epics are not items that go into sprints, so Jira ignores the sprint "field" for them.
When I try to reproduce your issue, I've found out that in a TMP, the sprint field was missing from the screen. The result in the basic search I wasn't able to choose Sprint field. As soon as I add it within Epic issue screen, I was able to choose it from the advanced search.
Can you please check if you have Sprint field inside the epic issue type?
Alex
That's not true. Epics can go into multiple sprints if you want to. If that couldn't happen, then we wouldn't be talking about Scrum in the first place.
Thank you Alex!
You were right, as soon as I added sprint field in the epic issue type, all worked
Hi @Vera Kim
Glad to know that everything worked fine! Kindly mark my answer as accepted, to help other in the community with the same problem.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.