Good day,
Our company is running Cloud Standard version of Jira software so we only have an Issue hierarchy of Epic and lower. We also only have Roadmaps and not Advanced Roadmaps. We use Classic project and not Next-Gen.
As a BI Team we have recently decided to create dedicated workstreams to service different business areas in the company with Reporting, Analytics and DataScience products.
Continuous development
We have a dedicated team looking after Supply Chain another team looking after Marketing etc. The teams will remain mostly static and we will have a single backlog per stream of work.
CAPEX Projects
Resources from the continuous development teams above could be moved onto pure projects as and when required.
The way I currently configured our environment is to have a single project per workstream (one active sprint and one used as a backlog). That way the team and workflow is the same for all work streams. I have two concerns with this approach. 1) 9 workstreams x 3 sprints (backlog, active, next) each becomes very messy in a single project. 2) Since we only have Jira Standard I am very limited to see a future view of work in the following iterations in a timeline view 3) We use EPICS to distinguish between the stories for each workstream but the roadmap view is very limited to show Stories and Sub-tasks.
Should I rather:
1) Use a different project for each workstream or
2) Upgrade to Cloud Premium
3) or how do I get better visibility of future sprints on a timeline view
Thank you