I am Clone-ing an Epic with linked Child Issues and the Child Issues do not get cloned even when checking the box. I am using Jira Software (Cloud) in the next gen. What can cause this? Is this a premium feature of some kind? Thank you.
Hi @[deleted],
this is standard behaviour : when cloning an issue, only some fields are copied. Linked issues, subtasks or stories in an Epic will not be copied.
If you do need advanced cloning features, I would suggest looking at an addon like Deep Clone for Jira for example.
Let me know if this helps,
--Alexis
I'm puzzled why there would be a check-box to clone Child Issue in the standard clone dialog. Is Deep Clone needed for that to work? Thank you.
Indeed, why is there a check-box to clone Child issues if this is not even a working option?
It's been 4 months. If nobody has reported the bug, I will.
I don't want to spend $50-100 a year for a third party to fix a broken checkbox.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.