I created a task, but I need to delete it. I created in error
You have to have permission to be able to delete. I recommend simply closing with an appropriate Resolution code, e.g. won’t do, etc. that said Delete can be found under the ellipses of an issue details view.
Do not delete issues. When you delete it is GONE. Hardly a week goes by without someone wanting to restore an issue. Deleting issues will come back and bite you when it is the most inconvenient. I suggest closing with a resolution value of Deleted anything you want to delete. I implement a special transition only the project lead can execute and it requires filling in a reason field from a select list (such as entered in error, OBE, Duplicate, Other) and explanation text.
Deleting issues destroys historical data. Missing issue numbers will eventually cause a question about what it was and why was it deleted even if it was done properly. Missing data always brings in the question of people hiding something that may have looked bad.
The only viable way to restore an issue is to create a new instance of JIRA and restore a backup that has the issues. Then export them to a csv file and import them to your production instance. You will lose the history.
None of my users have delete permission.
If you insist on deleting issues you need the delete issue permission
You maybe able to delete a issue from "Backlog" by mouse right click on the issue. However it is highly recommended not to delete a created issue as once deleted it's gone. You may recycle it by rename it to future use or simply mark "Done" with appropriate reason/code.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.