I have been trying to get an automation rule set up using a custom field (Reviewer) and the corresponding displayName, emailAddress, and a few date fields. Since I am not a pro at this, I am making some mistakes in choosing the right issue property or syntax or just usage and have to run the rule every time and go through the audit log to see what the issue was ("some errors")
Is it possible to have a check on syntax and/or feasibility of rule component/condition on the rule setup page itself? Sort of like the check we have in place for JQL (Which is an absolute blessing!)
Also, I noticed some of the useful descriptors around smart values are out of date now (considering the April 2019 changes described on the jira automation help pages). Is that correct for everyone or am I missing something here?
Fingers crossed I get my rule to work! Would like to be able to do it without triggering tens of mails/notifications which I have to then ask my users to ignore. #wishfulthinking?