I am very new to Jira and am working on my first Kanban Board for a group that have already started before me. They have asked me for the below, any advice would be appreciated.
Components to be put up on the board that run concurrently and do not change: for billing purposes, authentication. On the board that they have created I cannot find the components at all. I did some googling and found out that there are different types of Kanban Boards (I'm not sure that is the right word) which means I would have to create a new board and import all the issues and current work into that board. My question is whether I am right or have I missed something. If I am right, what could I use instead of Components as I don't think Epics would serve the purpose they want to use it for. Would components even be the right feature to use?
I would also like to add a backlog lane to the swim lanes that they have and not display it on the board-is this possible? At the moment they have selected for development, blocked, in progress, review and test, done. They have asked for a backlog swim lane that won't be displayed on the board.