I have created a new Scrum based on Project and Epic Name field is not appearing in the Create Issue form, neither in the issue type settings in Project Settings. Although it is appearing on my Kanban project.
You need to add the field in the create issue screen for Epic issuetype. I suspect you don’t have a create issue screen for Epic separate from other types. You likely would want that so that you don’t have “epic name” in the other type create screens. You can use the Configure fields as a quick way to add the field.
What does the "configure fields" button at the top right show? Is epic name unselected in there? If it's selected or not on the list, does "where's my field" tell you more?
I dont have it showing in Configure Fields as well.
Here's what I can see in Configure Fields
And did you click on where’s my field as Nic recommended?
This is what I can see here
Is there no "where's my field" to the right of the top row there? (your screenshot looks cropped, so it may be missing from what we can see here).
If you do not have it, then you'll need to talk to your administrators - they need to get to the bottom of why the field isn't there. (If they go into your "Create Issue" and select TEST and Epic like you have, then they will definitely have the "where's my field" and it'll tell them why the field is missing, and link to where they need to fix it)
where's my field also only appears for Kanban project not for Scrum project.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.