We have started to migrate the first live projects from Server to Cloud and then moved tickets into 3 new ITSM projects.
So far this has worked well but I am having some trouble setting up the customers:
- all tickets are available/visible in the new ITSM projects
- all users have been migrated and are set up as site users (no site access given due to licensing, many of them should not be site users but become customers)
- we have not cleaned them up/deleted them as my understanding was that we'd lose their history
- all tickets are still assigned/reported by the original users
- adding users as customers (1910 email addresses) is behaving strange:
- I get confirmation that all were processed but I can only see a max of 250 users. Searching any user in my list (top, mid or end) will list that user (but 0 requests, which is the case of all of them).
- Searching for a specific email domain will list 20 users but there are 127 with that domain in my email address list which I added.
- users appear not to have received an invitation link
My feeling is that this is down to the users still being in our site and that we need to remove them first, before inviting them again as Service Management customers.
However, they must have access to their old tickets which they created prior to the migration.
I think I am missing a crucial step here but cannot find out what it is.
I have raised a support request with the migration team, but maybe some here has the answer already 
Cheers,
Thomas