I am trying to access JIRA Rest APIs for which I would need authorization token to access the APIs. I am using OAuth 2.0 for this. Refer this link : https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/oauth-2-3lo-apps/ This is what I am trying to achieve. This is the endpoint https://auth.atlassian.com/authorize? audience=api.atlassian.com& client_id=YOUR_CLIENT_ID& scope=REQUESTED_SCOPE_ONE%20REQUESTED_SCOPE_TWO& redirect_uri=https://YOUR_APP_CALLBACK_URL& state=YOUR_USER_BOUND_VALUE& response_type=code& prompt=consent I am hitting but I am not getting error "Javascript is disabled" error.
What, exactly, do you mean by "authorisation code"? Where are you looking?
I ask because it's clear the page you're asking it of needs to be able to run javascript, it's not intended for you to do things with a non-interactive call. My guess would be that it needs you to log in.
Hi @Rahul Shekhawat ,
welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Would you please provide us more info, what you are trying to achieve? To which endpoint are you sending requests? How exactly does your request look like? Do you have some script for it, or are you using some application for sending requests?
Thank you.
Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- , I am trying to access JIRA Rest APIs for which I would need authorization token to access the APIs. I am using OAuth 2.0 for this. Refer this link : https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/oauth-2-3lo-apps/ This is what I am trying to achieve. This is the endpoint https://auth.atlassian.com/authorize? audience=api.atlassian.com& client_id=YOUR_CLIENT_ID& scope=REQUESTED_SCOPE_ONE%20REQUESTED_SCOPE_TWO& redirect_uri=https://YOUR_APP_CALLBACK_URL& state=YOUR_USER_BOUND_VALUE& response_type=code& prompt=consent I am hitting but I am not getting error "Javascript is disabled" error.
Ok, that still looks like you are trying to hit a page intended for a human to use in a browser, not something you hit with a get. What happens when you follow the documentation?
Exactly. Basically you need to open the authorization code request uri in a browser. Perhaps you tried to make the request in Postman or a similar tool which results in this error. As soon as you open the endpoint in a browser you'll be prompted to sign in and allow the app access to your account. After that, you are going to receive a code with which you can request an access token with a post request.
Please refer to these two sections in the documentation:
Direct the user to the authorization URL to get an authorization code
Exchange authorization code for access token
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.