We utilize Jira for managing work once it is a project. However I’m looking to see if anyone is using Jira for ideation management or using other tools for this functionality
Hi @David Siegel ,
Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.
I am not sure you heard or using Jira Align. If not , could you please check this article - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Align-articles/A-guide-to-Jira-Align-s-Ideation-portal/ba-p/1309475? .
Please accept the answer if it solves your query else respond and allow others to share input.
Cheers
Suvradip
Many thanks for sharing this Suvradip. What I am looking for is an ideation tool that I can use internal to my organization, not something to submit to Atlassian for making changes to the Jira application. Unless I am misreading, the article is about sending ideas in to change the Jira tool. Let me know if I am misreading. I wanted to see if anyone has used Jira as an ideation tool for their company or if anyone has a recommendation of a good tool to use for this purpose.
I think I have understood it correctly but I have shared a different link. I think you should check the solutions provided by Jira Align - https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/align/solutions (e.g. - Product management - https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/align/product-manager).
I would also recommend you to go though - Resources, Services and Pricing.
Please let me know if you are looking for this.
Thanks again Suvradip. I'm not sure if Product Management or Portfolio Management is the best answer. Its hard to tell without seeing a demo of the capability. I sent in a request for a demo. Are there customers of the Product Management and/or the Portfolio Management functionality that you know of who I could setup a call with?
Hi David,
Can you share more details about the process that you'd like to implement? In my opinion a tool should be adopted to help with your process, not to drive your process, and when there are different options, then you can choose which one could be a better fit. You could use Confluence and Jira, or an add-on from the Atlassian Marketplace, as examples: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=ideation. You could look into Jira Align, but this tools provide a lot more, and it can be an expensive solution just for ideation management.
Thanks for the reply Carlos. We have a process today that involves many people having ideas that they submit. The goal is centralize the capturing of this input. Then we will have specific criteria we use to initially prioritize the ideas and review them in a forum for final prioritization. Based on the available resources we hav we will determine which ideas become projects, which remain in an idea backlog, or which get rejected.
this is the basics of what we need a tool to do in assisting us with this process.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.