One of the business teams I support asked me to add the status of "Won't Do" to their workflow, and to map it to the "Done" column on their kanban board.
I made the change and everything worked as expected - the "Won't Do" status appeared in the status drop-down list on each individual issue, and the "Won't Do" status also appeared as an option in the "Done" column on the Kanban board, so that users could choose whether to drag-and-drop their issue into either the "Done" status or "Won't Do" status.
Shortly after I made this change, the business team asked me to change the status name from "Won't Do" to "Not Needed". I did this by going to Project Settings > Workflow > Edit Workflow > "Wont Do" status > Edit and changed the status name to "Not Needed". I saved the change and published the updated workflow.
The status that was previously named "Won't Do" now appears as "Not Needed" in the workflow diagram. It also appears as "Not Needed" in the status drop-down list on each individual issue. It also appears as "Not Needed" in the Column Management page on the Board Settings. This is all as expected.
Here's where the problem comes in - on the Kanban board, the status name still appears as "Won't Do" when you try to drag-and-drop an issue into the "Done" column. It should show up as "Not Needed". I have no idea why the Kanban board doesn't reflect the updated status name.
Does anyone have experience fixing this issue? This seems like a bug to me!