I created an epic in A project, and it is named A-001,
but I didn't see it in the backlog list of A project,
Instead, it showed in B project's backlog.
Why would it happen?
How can I move back to A project's backlog?
Thanks for answering!
Projects do not have backlogs. Backlogs are a part of boards. Boards are not containers for issues, they are a view of a selection of issues. (It is common to set up "board = project" on a simple 1:1 basis, but it's not universal)
If an issue is in a backlog and you think it shouldn't be, then there's something wrong with the data on the issue. It is being selected by the board that the backlog is part of.
Have a look at the board configuration, looking at the filter it is using to select issues. This should tell you why your issue is appearing in the "wrong" backlog.
@jenny_lee Check the query with which board in project C is created, Boards display data based on its queries and it is possible that C board might have some query which is pulling that EPIC
Also see query of project Z board maybe it is not including EPIC in it.
Hello Nic,
Thank you for answering!
However, after I checked the board setting,
I found out the filter query is "project = A ORDER BY Rank ASC",
so when my epic is named A-001, I suppose it should be in A project's backlog?
It's so weird, could you offer me more possible answer?
Thanks again!
Jenny
ah I think I may find out some possible problems...
please let me check with my colleague first, thanks!
Ah, it's the Epics.
Epics are not really backlog items, but that's not the point here. Epics jump into boards when they (could) contain issues that the board selects for. Any issue can be added to an Epic, so yes, if you associate BB-2345 with A-001, then A-001 will appear on the board for the BB project!
Thank you!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.