Good evening community I would like to know if someone could tell me if there is a way to connect Jira Cloud and Power bi without using a connector or application?
@Victor Tobon I think if you don't want to use a connector or plugin then only way to do it would be you taking a dump of your tickets from Jira in an Excel and then uploading then to PowerBI
I would also be curious to see if anyone else has achieved it without using any connector
@ASHU TYAGI
to what and investigated can be done through an api and the token from pober bi I have the api and the token however I do not know how they should be placed
I don't think you can. I've connected Power BI to several jira SERVER's API no problem but when I've tried to do the same with a cloud instance I couldn't so I guess it might be capped on purpose.
Take this at face value only. I'm not sure by any means. I just tried to do that once, like a year ago...
Yes you can connect Jira Cloud with PBI. Here is an old blog that might assist - explore-your-jira-data-with-power-bi
Hello there, Jack
But he has said he doesn't want to use a connector...
If you don't want a "connector", then you are stuck, you're explicitly ruling out connecting to it.
Broadly, your options (all of which can be described as a "connector") are:
Yes understood however, to be honest, I wasn’t exactly sure what his definition of connector was. For example, “connector” might translate to “paid addon”. Often people ask for a free solution in different ways.
I was unsure too, and tried to define what it sounds like to me before trying to answer!
this might be the best, most comprehensive answer I've seen around. There are a lot of folks asking similar things lately and this pretty much summarizes all the options (that I know of)
If you want to obtain the list of filters use this method then
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-filters/#api-rest-api-3-filter-search-get
It seems you're successfully stablishing a connection, which honestly could be the trickiest part some times. Now you just must browse the API documentation a bit and you'll be able to get anything.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.