I added myself to a site by mistake called Pokersitetest and there is no option to remove me from it. I can't stand the Atlassian portal as it is so problematic. Why can I not remove myself from this site that i want nothing to do with?!
And please don't send me emails saying "It's cool, we promise" like I just received - Atlassian's administration is so not cool
Is this an Atlassian Cloud site?
How did you add yourself and how did you try to remove yourself from it?
I was adding Jira to my phone - didnt know this but I was meant to add "Data Centre/Server" app but I added the Cloud one by mistake. After logging into the cloud one with my work credentials of nikki.jensen@mixtelematics.com there was this poker site so I clicked on it to see what it was about because no other sites were there. Next thing Ive been added to it and there is no option to remove myself. Why would someone not have the ability to remove themselves from a site?! I uninstalled the app from my phone but I am still part of this site and want to be removed from it asap
For you to be "added to a site" by yourself, an admin must have enabled people to sign up.
However, the system is not yours, and your access to a system belongs to the system owners. It's up to them to remove your access. You will need to ask them to remove you.
If you go to id.atlassian.com (in a browser, I apologise I don't know if there are other ways to do this), log in and look for "products", you should see this site listed. You can turn off emails and most access in there and then ignore it, it should no longer bother you. You might also look at apps and devices, killing off your phone/cloud app on there.
Thanks for the reply, I at least appreciate someone getting back to me.
However, I have read about this on other forums too. This is such a ridiculous way of administering things! How can a person not be allowed to remove themselves from something they do not want to subscribe to?! I have to say I am not a fan of Atlassian at all because of all the issues I have had with their user admin and many other things like this. Is it not illegal for someone to not be allowed to unsubscribe to something??
How do I even find the owner or site admin so that I can be removed?
Screenshot shows what I have access to
Attached
I have access to mixtelematics which I should have access to - but then I have this Jira Software "pokersitetest" which I want to remove completely as I have no idea what it is about and who administers it
And here it is again
It redirects me to https://pokersitetest.atlassian.net/jira/projects?=&selectedProjectType=software
Takes me to pokersitetest but nothing in there
Ok, well, it redirect me there too, but then takes me to a "you do not have access to this system". You must have been added by the system owners, and I'd find it very odd if they'd just added you without a request from yourself.
Maybe check the "people" list to see if there's anyone you recognise to ask why you've been added? Or create an issue and see who responds.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.