I am using Jira Software (Cloud) Free version. I have a permission scheme "Default Permission Scheme" that is used for all of my projects. I imported a project from our on-prem instance of Jira Software into the cloud, which uses it's own customized permission scheme. The import of that project also imported the custom permissions scheme, which are not available for use in the "Free version" of Jira Software (Cloud).
So now I'm in a catch-22:
The permission scheme that was imported uses groups which do not exist in the cloud instance of Jira, so no one has rights to view that project (I'm an Org and Site admin, and even I cannot see those issues).
However, the free license does not allow me to edit permission schemes, or even change permission schemes for that project back to the default permission scheme (which the rest of my projects are one and works fine), so I can't change the view permissions for the project to be able to view the issues.
Is the only option to upgrade to a paid version of JIRA, fix the permissions issue and then move back to free version again? That seems like a loophole that even Atlassian doesn't want you to do because they want you to either pay for the feature, or not use the feature.
In confluence cloud free, there's a button that you can press which essentially resets the project permissions back to "default" so that all logged in users have the same rights. Is there an equivalent in Jira?