I'm confused about the email I received an email from Atlassian Security Team, and I am confused. Here is the email I received.
Hi, |
We have recently discovered that we have stored passwords for the personal email account/s you have used to login and pull in emails to Jira Cloud as plaintext files in an encrypted database. To add an extra layer of security, we have updated our processes to ensure that email account passwords are encrypted with a custom key before they are stored in the encrypted database. The database was only accessible to a limited set of Atlassian engineers for the platform. |
We've investigated all access and audit logs and have not found any signs of unauthorized access. However, out of an abundance of caution, we recommend that you reset your email account/s password for the email address you have connected with Jira Cloud as Incoming Mail servers. |
To list which accounts are impacted, Please check the list of Incoming Mail servers set for Jira Cloud Instances you own (any email address that is not username@instance_name.atlassian.net would be personal). |
In the Jira Admin section: |
1. | Choose Settings > System. | | | 2. | Select Mail > Incoming Mail. |
|
We are committed to implementing the best security practices for our customers and improving our processes, and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. |
Here's my Question:
Does this only apply to Incoming Mail accounts under the Settings > System > Mail > Incoming Mail?
Or does it also apply to the mail accounts set up for the Project under Project Settings > Email Requests?
Or am I changing the password for my actual SMTP account?