We are just finishing discovery on a project and are about to start entering user stories. The delivery manager would very much like us to start the user stories in Excel (or Google Sheets) and then import them into Jira. Is this (for both or either) fairly easily doable or are we better off just going straight into Jira?
That can certainly be done but cumbersome method IMO vs simply using the tool directly. But if you want to import just save as CSV - create-issues-with-the-csv-importer
Yeah, I agree it's double the work. I'll see if I can talk them out of it.
For the record, it turns out there's a good reason to use the spreadsheet. This company has a template. As you enter user stories and estimates, it does calculations to figure out what you need in terms of developers, designers, etc. Pretty slick. So one of the guys has already worked in this fashion and is savvy on working on the CSV.
@Jim Stewart you noted in your answer "this company" has a template. Which company? How can I get the template?Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.