I'm really confused...
Using the JIRA v3 REST API, I can perform the following:
- Create custom fields
- Create a screen
- Add screen tabs and fields to a screen
- Create a workflow, including specifying transitions
However, it seems there's no interface for associating a screen with a workflow transtion (although the GET for a workflow shows any applicable screens for transitions).
Why am I confused? There appears to be no reason of including the ability of creating a screen in the REST API if the screen cannot be functionally associated with anything. Surely there's no point in the ability of creating a screen in the API if it can't be used...
Am I missing something? I've looked through all the REST API doco but there's nothing I can find that will allow me to effect this. I know it was a long shot but I did attempt to add the screen to the transition on creating the worklfow (schema assumed from the GET of the workflow) but of course this results in an error (not unexpected but disappointing):
Workflow POST body excerpt:
{
"name": "In progress",
"from": [
"1"
],
"to": "3",
"type": "directed",
"screen": {
"id": "10005"
}
},400 Response
"errorMessages": [ "Unrecognized field \"screen\"
Is there any way to associate a screen to a workflow transition via the REST API?
Cheers.