Hello,
I'm a newer user of Jira and cannot find a way to automate the following in bold:
1. When an Issue is Created with a Component = "X"
2. Then: Create a New Task
3. And: Create 6 Sub-Tasks
4. Link the Sub-Tasks to New Task NOT the Epic
Hi @wendt279
Are your sub-tasks on the trigger issue or on the newly created one? If it is the newly created one, your rule probably looks more like this, with a branch, right?
If so, in the add sub-tasks action, you can select linked issues and link them to the most recently created issue also.
Best regards,Bill
Hi Bill, thank you for your response! I have set up part of my automation as you describe. The issue that I'm having is that I can add Tasks but am having trouble adding Sub-Tasks to those Tasks. In the beginning they were just adding to themselves to the Epic.
Conditions:
Actions:
Branching:
It worked when I just had one branching, but now creates duplicates as a result of adding the other branches. Any thoughts/suggestions?
Thank you in advance!
As soon as you add those extra creates and branches, the rule can no longer do what you note, as the only built-in options for linking are to the trigger issue or the "most recently created issue".
Please consider posting an image of your rule, as that will help confirm this is what is happening.
In that case, you would need to probably use other branching (or try advanced branching) and advanced edit with JSON to add the links to other issues. Here is the documentation for that second part: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-field-editing-json/#Advancedfieldediting-JSON--Linkingissues
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.