I am trying to update a user account using User Provisioning REST API mentioned in the https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/admin/user-provisioning/rest/api-group-users/#api-scim-directory-directoryid-users-userid-put document.
I want to change the email of the user only when the user requests for a change otherwise I want the details to get updated having the same email. Is there any work-around or is this a bug?
Hello Mrinalini,
Welcome to Atlassian Community! It's nice to have you join us.
Can you show us the query you're sending in REST-API? Please make sure to block out any private information since this is a public forum.
You might also want to try the Atlassian Developer Community. The main community is more end users, but the Developer community works with API regularly and may know what the problem is.
Thank you!Shannon
Hi Shannon,
I am calling the following API :curl --request PUT \--url 'https://api.atlassian.com/scim/directory/{directoryId}/Users/{userId}' \--header 'Authorization: Bearer <access_token>' \--header 'Accept: application/json' \--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \--data '{"userName": "<string>","emails": [{"value": "<string>","type": "<string>","primary": true}],"name": {"formatted": "<string>","familyName": "<string>","givenName": "<string>","middleName": "<string>","honorificPrefix": "<string>","honorificSuffix": "<string>"},"displayName": "<string>","nickName": "<string>","title": "<string>","preferredLanguage": "<string>","department": "<string>","organization": "<string>","timezone": "<string>","phoneNumbers": [{"value": "<string>","type": "<string>","primary": true}],"active": true}'
The data passed in emails.value is same as in the existing account with userId
Thank you for your reply. If you need to update the user details without changing the email, you can use PATCH instead.
Can you try that and let me know if you have any trouble?
Shannon
Thank you Shannon. It works like a charm.
Hello,
When we update a mail adres by the patch instead, we've get an 405 error: Method is not allowed.
Hi Tom,
Good afternoon. Thanks for following up on this question. First, I edited your API call to remove identifying information. Please note this is an open forum, and the public can view anything you post here.
I understand you're getting a 405 Method Not Allowed error when you try to patch (change) an email address from one of your managed accounts.
Can you confirm you're using the organization admin API key? See Manage an organization with the admin APIs. This is different from the key you generate for your user account.
If you can confirm you're using the org admin API key and not your user API key, I recommend raising a ticket with the Atlassian Access support team.
Let me know if you have any trouble with that.
Take care,
Shannon S | Atlassian Cloud support
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.