Hi,Can you please let me know how can I insert a table between two bullet points. Whenever I am trying to insert a table between two numbered bullet points, my number sequence is breaking. Please help.
Sure. At the end of your bullet text, insert a soft return (shift + Enter). Then at the end of your table, a hard return (Enter), to start the next bullet.
Hi, I have tried it, but it is not working. Still, my number sequence is breaking. Soft return works for images only, even if I am trying to insert a note, between the numbered bullet points, the sequence is breaking.Please let me know if we have any other process to achieve it.
I am facing the same issue, and its just not table but with info panel as well.
Every time I try to insert table/info panel, the numbering re-starts from 1
This seems to be an issue since last year and still not fixed.
Using the text mode you can achieve the result you want:
In the visual mode there automatically a hard break (or new paragraph) is inserted below tables. In the text mode it is visual as a blank line. When you switch to the text mode and remove the blank line the correct counting is continued below the table.
How to get these two modes (visual and text)?
I can only see visual mode. What settings do I need to update to get both the modes? Please respond.
Oh, I just realized that this question belongs to Confluence. I found it searching for another problem with Jira. So I thought this question was asked for Jira.
In Confluence there is only the visual mode but I do not have any problem when inserting a table into an enumeration:
In the edit mode it is seems to be somehow strange formatted but the published page is fine.
Maybe you are facing a known issue, that is fixed. I used the Confluence 7.12.2 for my second test.
I suspect if the above screenshot is from the Confluence wiki page. In my confluence wiki page, I am not getting the below tools option.
All I get is
In the end, the only way to put a table in a numbered list is to pull up PowerPoint, create your table, copy it, past it back in PowerPoint as a picture, copy it and then paste it in the numbered list following a soft return.
Simply put YOU CANNOT ADD A TABLE OR CERTAIN OTHER ITEMS BETWEEN A NUMBERED LIST AND RETAIN THE NUMBERING SEQUENCE!!
Perhaps though, Confluence wallahs can answer the following:
If you can't put tables inbetween a numbered list, why can you easily put /code snippets inbetween a numbered list?
FWIW - I may have stumbled on a hack to make this partially work in cloud.
My results are the same for numbered and bulleted lists. I'll use a numbered list for my example. Let's say I have the following numbered list:
If I try to insert a table anywhere in this list via macro (/table), the table is inserted after the end of my list. No good.
But by chance, I happened to have the data I wanted already in table-format in Word. I copied the table from Word, and pasted it in between two "Major" numbers. The table format was preserved as was the format for my numbered list. From there, standard table tools are available (add/remove columns/rows, etc.) YAY!!!!
However, this is far from perfect. I've noticed the following limitations:
I can only describe what I've experienced. I can't begin to explain why it behaves this way. That would be a question for the developers at Atlassian...
It's a limited scenario where it works, but hopefully it helps.
Good luck!!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.