I made a new workflow for my dev team, and a new demo project so we can tinker with it before we use it wider.
From previous experience I know it can take a while before some workflow updates will reflect in practice, but it's already been a week with no change observed. Previous instances of Jira cloud that I've worked on usually reflect workflow changes within a day at most.
Our instance is fairly new with less than 50 projects instance wide.
The first and most visible thing I changed was removing a validator check that requires the "Assignee" field to not be null when transitioning from a "to do" status to an "in progress" status.
Even though I removed the validator check, and published the draft last week the error message from that now removed validator check still shows up when we try to move an issue from a "to do" status to an "in progress" status.
I'm not new to Jira, and usually minor things like this work themselves out, but I was expecting the updated workflow to be a bit more responsive than this. I'm hoping that I've just overlooked something minor. I've been patient (like I said I published this change last week) but this seems off to me.
Any advice is much appreciated.
