I have a Kanban board with 8 columns in Jira 8.13. This is resulting in horizontal scroll to see the right side of the board. How can I resize the column width on my board so that all columns are visible on the screen
Hello @Vivek Kaushal
Welcome to the community.
The text of your post says you are using Jira 8.13, which is Jira Server, but your post says your Deployment Type is Cloud. Are you using Jira Server or Jira Cloud?
There is currently no option in either for you to set the size of board columns, but there are issues in Atlassian's backlog on the topic. Here are the ones related to Jira Server.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-5200
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-11928
Yes, and...here is a related suggestion for the Cloud version: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17698
We are currently in server
Hello, why is it that in my Business Project the width of the columns are fixed and I can scroll sideways to view the rest of the columns while on my Software Project the columns are automatically squeezed to fit the available screen. Can't I have fixed column width on my Software project and scroll sideways?
As a community of users we aren't in a position to definitely say why Atlassian made the implementation decisions that they did.
There is a change request to make the column size configurable for Company Managed Software project boards. You can add your comments and vote to it here:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-75914
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.