I am trying to get to a point where I have a field on an incident for assigned assets where the 'assigned asset user' matches the incident owner\creator.
I also need to assign users to our assets (where they may not be Jira users).
Where I am getting stuck is, I am using the Discovery Tool\Agent which populates a 'Last User' field with the username. I commented out the line in the pattern so now I get Domain\User on the asset.
I now need to match this user (Last User) to an Object of the User. That can't be the Jira user as we have more users than just the ones in Jira access groups. So I have imported our active directory accounts as an Insight object ('Active Directory Accounts').
Then I need to match that to users that are Jira users so that when they log a ticket it can be calculated.
I'm so lost with this process and just keep going down rabbit holes trying to script a solution.
How can I do this using Insight? This is the 3rd CMDB I have set up but is by far the hardest one yet due to its limitations.