I am using Insight in JSM to hold information about all our applications. Attributes such as Software title, business owner, approver, vendor, etc.
I also would like to have a list of available roles the software has (administrator, general user, power user, etc.)
Then in Request type, I want to be able have a requestor select a software title and then be presented with the available roles for that object.
Example:
User selects ApplicationX, then is presented with a list of available roles that application must choose from. (From there, I will populate an approval field, but that's out of scope of this question.)
I can do it using basic cascading custom fields native to JSM, but I want to do it using Insight because there is other relevant information that I need to reference (like approver!)
I can successfully search Insight for the software title, but I don't know how to then surface the related attributes.
Any idea how to go about this? (Or even better, is there a support channel I can reference as opposed to just asking the community?)