Hello to everybody,
I would like to use Jira Service Management for managing incident response activities. I've defined some use case playbooks in which I defined all the actions that must be performed and the teams responsibles for that action. I would like to know which is the best way that I could do this thing in Jira SM. I've seen that it is possible to define workflows that are made of status and transitions. I've seen that there are also issues and I'm not really understanding the links between all the available component.
For let the things easier I would give you an example. I'm a manufacturing company and I want to manage vulnerabilities inside my products. A customer reports a vulnerability. I would have to do a preliminary triage performed by one team, then if the vulnerability is confirmed I would have to produce a patch and this will be performed by another team. By looking at the template workflow status (open, work in progress, closed, etc.) it seems that every activities will be managed by a workflow. So in the example above, I would have a workflow that manage the preliminary triage, that once it is completed will trigger the mitigation activity that will be another workflow. Is it correct or I can manage all the activities and the teams by one workflow? In this way I will have to create a workflow for each playbook that I have to defined.
Thanks in advance,
Josip