I have seen similar questions in Jira community already, but what I am looking for is slightly different.
We have an engineering team (Dev and QA) of about 7 people (4 devs, 1 mobile dev, 2 QAs).
We have a single product, which has backend, web front end, and a mobile app. And overall use cases are say about 8 to 10 and we are still growing.
We currently have 2 projects, 1 along for mobile and other one for backend and web front end. I come from background, where projects sometime span across multiple people across multiple locations.
I strongly feel having 2 projects just for such a team size is an overkill. We can use components to separate front end, web and mobile tickets. Also each of them are kind of related together, for eg. mobile app cannot work without backend and some workflows will be started on web side as well.
I would like to know from Atlassian community that, is it a good idea to have 1 project, where as per project management it would be easier or having 2 projects one for mobile alone and other one for backend and web makes sense?
If you were in such a situation, what would you do?