I have created a rule but it doesn't appear to work. Pretty new to automation rules though.
I was hoping there would be an 'inherit from parent' type functionality for subtasks but assume not.
Hi @Paul Treadwell
try this
Regards
Dave
First question - how would you have sub-tasks already for an story/task just created? Also, check the audit log.
Hi @Paul Treadwell ,
you don't need a branch "For sub-tasks", as you can just add a condition "Issue Type = Subtask" and then an action "Edit Issue" and add the following smart value for the Team Assigned field:
{{issue.parent.Team Assigned To}}
Let me know if this helps,
--Alexis
Sorry, maybe I was unclear.
The Story/Task already exists. I go in and add a subtask. I would like the subtask to automatically have its 'team assigned to' value to be set the same as the parent issue.
Thanks I set it like this in the end and works fine. Based off your suggestion
thanks
resolved now, thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.