How can I remove a user access without loosing tickets and deactivate their licence accounts to reduce licence costs
Hi Candy,
When you remove a user all their tickets will remain in Jira. No need to worry about losing data when removing/ deactivating users.
You can "disuser" accounts with a flag in the user's profile in site management, or just remove them from the group(s) that let them use the application (if, for example, a user has access to Jira because they are in the group "Jira-software-users", then removing them from the group removes their access, and reduces the licenced user count)
Neither of those will affect the data on your issues. But the user will no longer be selectable when changing fields like assignee.
Why would you not simply revoke access?
administration > user management, find user and click on ellipses.
advice - Don’t delete users
Thanks!
@Jack Brickey why? I have now 28 pages of users and ghosts... I'd like to clean that by removing users that left the organization. Why shouldn't I?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.